Roles & Responsibilities
What we are looking for
What's in it for you?
We are looking to hire Counselors to dedicate time and effort to provide adequate counseling to victims who seek assistance and support from Aks Foundation.
- Works with the victims to improve mental health
- Follow up on the cases registered by the CL / CE volunteers by talking to the victim over the telephone (if the victim is based out of Pune), or meet (if the victim is based in Pune)
- Counsel victims periodically for 45 mins to 1 hour - minimum 2 sessions and maximum 8 sessions, as required
- Encourage the victim to discuss emotions and experiences
- Refer victims for external support / medical treatment, if required
- Update the CL Lead / CE Lead and/or The Executive Director on the cases, on a regular basis
- Maintain utmost confidentiality on each case
- Effectively demonstrating the mission, vision, and values of Aks Foundation on a daily basis
- A background in Psychology or has worked in a similar capacity with an NGO for minimum 1 year
- Excellent listening, empathy and problem solving skills
- Proficient language skills - English & Hindi (Marathi would be an advantage) - spoken and written
- Multicultural Competency
- Strong belief in Aks Foundation’s vision, mission, and core values
- The opportunity to work with victims who require assistance and support; thus making a difference in their lives
- Flexible work timings
- Opportunity to expand and learn new things across the verticals under the Aks Foundation.